HOW TO GO ON A TRIP
1. PRAY The Holy Spirit will lead you in this process. He may reveal only one step at a time, but God will be faithful to lead you.
2. GET YOUR PASSPORT Start the process now. Even if you are unsure of what trip on which to go, get your passport.
3. GET INFORMATION Pickup a “Trip Information Card” in the Missions Cafe; visit our website at http://www.Idlewild.org/missions; attend an information meeting or call the contact person for that trip. Most of our trips are led by qualified and trained volunteer leaders. They will give you the details of dates, costs, and the trip project.
4. ATTEND THE “GO ON A MISSION TRIP” CLASS This class will encourage and strengthen your spiritual growth. It is a necessary preparation for any mission trip.
5. FILL OUT THE MISSION TRIP APPLICATION We want you to succeed and the trip to be effective. Your application will provide key information to your team leader, helping him get to know you better and understand the dynamics of the team.
6. GO → COME BACK → SHARE Your stories and enthusiasm will be the instrument God uses to encourage another to GO. Send a follow-up report to all those who supported you in prayer and financial gifts.